Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Venue Shopping

Before we started going to view wedding venues, I knew that I would just know when we found the perfect place for Matt and me to get married.  I knew I would get that feeling that would completely overwhelm me with love, joy and excitement!  We started our venue shopping Saturday evening (after our visit with my family) at the Dallas Petroleum Club downtown.  Nice place but just not what we were looking for and definitely not big enough.  We wished we could take their wedding consultant with us though, he was fantastic.  We continued our shopping on Monday afternoon.  Mom was able to come down to join us, so we started with a pre-game lunch at Gloria's.  Our first appointment was with The Crescent.  We valet parked, (which would be an added/unwanted expense on our wedding day) walked in and commented on some strange extra large doll dresses hanging from the ceiling.  The wedding consultant greeted us and immediately began our tour.  It was nice, but didn't knock our socks off, I didn't get that feeling.  Plus, it was too small and the rooms were all spread out - we want one large room! At least we were able to cross The Crescent off our list of venues.

Next we drove over to the new Omni hotel.  Nice building, not so nice area.  I'm not even going to go into detail of our experience there...

I could already feel myself becoming a little frustrated 1) because I had high expectations for these two venues and 2) no one from the AT&T Performance Center would return my call or email me back.  I decided that I'd cross off the performance center just for that reason - Bridezilla at her best...

Our final stop that day was the Dallas Museum of Art.  We walked up to the door to find that it was closed Mondays.  Wonderful.  I was pretty frustrated by then so I didn't want to venue shop for the rest of the day.  Matt dropped mom and me off at my apartment and we spent about an hour looking at wedding dresses, flowers and venues (online).


Today we went to view the most beautiful wedding venue.  Breathtaking!  Beautiful! Perfect!  I think we've found our venue!  (We have it on hold for 24 hours, though I'm planning on emailing her in a few minutes ;))  I have been waiting for that feeling, and today, I felt it.  There isn't a more perfect place for Matt and me.  On the way back home I'm expressing how absolutely perfect it is on the phone with my mom, I'm hearing my Aunt Bobbie squealing in the background and I'm tearing up next to my fiancĂ©... that's when you know.

I can't wait to marry my best friend in such a magical place.


Also, we're still discussing our date.  It's now between April 6 and May 4, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment