Saturday, May 12, 2012

"I love her still"

Matt and I drove to Howe today to see my grandparents and then to see my dad and step-mom.  We had to wait a whole week until we could show them the ring!  I absolutely love how happy my Mammaw and Pappaw are to see me when I walk into their home.  They were especially happy for our visit today so they could hear our side of our engagement story. After Matt and I took turns telling our story, Mammaw and Pappaw told us theirs, and then went on to tell us how they spent $9.99 on silver plated flatware from JCPenny instead of an engagement ring and even more stories and "bumps along the way".  My Pappaw was looking at my Mammaw as they bragged about being together for 57 years, then looked at me and choked up as he said the sweetest thing in the world:  "I love her still."  

What an inspiration they are.  I can't wait to sit and tell our grandchildren how much I love their grandfather, still.


Dad and Shawna, my step-mom, were also thrilled to see us and so excited to hear how Matt proposed.  I don't ever get tired of telling people about that special day.  We spent a couple hours at my dad's property fishing, shooting guns and playing with his new cows.  ...Can't take the country outta the girl ;) (Those of you that know me, my accent is the only thing that makes me country.)  Then dad and Shawna took us to dinner to celebrate our engagement.  

Above:  Me trying too hard to make fishing an athletic sport.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment