Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Distinction {bridesmaid dress, Dallas hotels}

Saturday morning I met three of my girls at Stardust Celebrations for their first dress fitting.  Devan was our bridesmaid consultant and she was super nice and very helpful - definitely what you want from your consultant.  My girls took turns getting their measurements taken and placing their dress orders.  The appointment was a breeze, well for some of us [that didn't have to nurse a hungry baby ;)].  After our appointment we met for lunch to celebrate my birthday and to just celebrate the day!

Original dress I chose for the girls.

After their dress fittings, I had this uneasy feeling, cause unknown.  Monday afternoon I figured it out - I wasn't quite satisfied with the dresses I chose for my girls, not because I didn't like them, but because I just desired something distinct for my girls.  After a long phone conversation with my mom, I decided to call Stardust Celebrations to cancel the dress orders.  I am 100% happy with the decision I made and it brings me joy envisioning my girls in their new dresses, a joy I was missing with the original dress.  Although the ladies in the wedding and bridesmaid departments at Stardust Celebrations were wonderful to work with, I know that this resolution will be so much better for my sweet girls.  They were all understanding with my unforeseen change of heart and were completely on board with the new route to find their perfect dress.  I am so blessed with such amazing girls!

Madison, me, Lindsay & Kayla.
Not pictured:  Baby Cooper.

Hehe, too cute...

The "I Do" BBQ is Saturday!  Matt and I, along with our families, are so excited to spend an evening with family, BBQ and country music.  Shawna, my step-mom, texted me last week explaining that I shouldn't get too dressed up since the party will be super casual.  Matt was thrilled to learn the attire.  I'm going to try to dress it down, but I mean, I am the bride to be... ;)  Matt and I want to thank you, dad and Shawna, ahead of time for taking the time to plan and put this BBQ together to celebrate us!  We are forever grateful and love you so much!

Like I said I would, I've called to compare several hotels in search of the perfect place for my girls and I to get ready the day of the wedding and for Matt and I on the honeymoon night.  Among my list was the Westin Galleria, Legacy Marriott and Hotel ZaZa.  After each conversation with reservation specialists, I couldn't help but still think about The Crescent and how beautiful and perfect it was when mom and I visited a couple weeks prior.  So Tuesday afternoon I called The Crescent to touch base and see if prices have decreased at all.  I spoke with their reservations manager, Mara, who was absolutely wonderful not only because she was so friendly, but because she offered me a really good deal that I couldn't pass up!  Without any hesitation I booked our wedding day (and night) suite!

2 comments:

  1. It is good to share the wedding shopping experience with others and may be helpful for other engaged people. In searching the wedding resources vendors, the wedding planner iPhone app will be helpful for the engaged people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! One of the reasons why I am blogging my wedding planning is so other brides-to-be can use it in their own planning. I hope they use cloud9dallas for vendor recommendations, DIY ideas, timelines, etc...

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete