As you read months ago (in October to be exact), I booked a suite at The Crescent that completely and utterly fell through. Long story [kind of] short, I was so completely and utterly let down when I called (just to touch base) and learned that my request for an early checkin will not be granted as they have booked the suite for someone else the night before and will therefore only allow a 3pm checkin time. Absurd. My hair and makeup artist was planning on arriving at 1:30, finishing my look by our 3:30 departure to the wedding venue. Brides, even if you've booked something months in advance, it could completely and utterly fall through. Make sure to keep in touch with the person you booked with...unless they no longer work there, which is the case with two of my vendors...
But, here's the good news:
Now we'll be getting ready at the Le Meridien, The Stoneleigh Hotel! I fell hopelessly in love with it's chic elegance and realized that all things, eventually, work out for the best.
_____________________
Invitations are some of my favorite things, especially when they are so pretty! I've been so lucky to have such special people in my life with such great taste! My bridal shower invitation recently came in the mail and the shower can't come soon enough. I absolutely love the ladies hosting the shower and am so thankful and honored by their kindness. I've picked out the perfect dress that will go perfectly with the "shoes".
Also just recently, my bridesmaids' luncheon invitation was mailed. I was special enough to get my invitation hand delivered by one of the hostesses, Matt's grandmother (who also loves invitations). (Matt's aunt is the other hostess with the mostess who I am so grateful for!) I have been waiting to blog about this because I've wanted it to be a surprise for the ladies that are invited (especially since Mrs. Williams has kept all the details a surprise to me!). I approached her a few weeks ago with the dilemma of where to have a luncheon for my girls. I felt at complete ease when her face lit up as she offered to have it at her home; AND that she would do this for me! Wow! Mrs. Williams opening up her home, planning and hosting this luncheon for me is more than I could have ever asked for! She is so gracious and quite the hostess too :) I won't go into the little details that I know about, but I do know that it will be fabulous!
I also just received the invitation for the bachelorette party, which is this Friday! It is beautiful and so classy - just like my girls! I have been anticipating this night out full of effervescence, mischief and striking contrast* with my favorite girls. (*Black attire for attendees and white for me. So fun!)
| Bridal Shower Invitation |
| Bridal Shower Invitation |
| Bridesmaid Luncheon Invitation |
| Bridesmaid Luncheon Invitation |
| Bachelorette Party Invitation |
| Bachelorette Party Invitation |
| Rehearsal Dinner Invitation |
| Rehearsal Dinner Invitation Love our monogram! |
No comments:
Post a Comment