Save-the-dates are out! The week they were mailed was so exciting because the day after they were mailed, I got an email saying that we received our first RSVP to the wedding! I immediately checked to see who it was and when I saw that it was my Aunt Bobbie, I squealed (like she and I do when we're excited)! Quickly following her RSVP was one from my step aunt, Kim, another from my mom and yet another from one of my mom's dear friends! EEEEE (that's kind of what the squeal sounds like)! Then I started getting notifications that people were signing our guest book! I was elated and called Matt to share in my excitement.
_____________________
While my sister and cousin, Christa, were in town, my bridesmaids (with the exception of one) met up to discuss upcoming events! Knowing that each one of them took time out of their day to gather with other girls that they don't particularly know very well just to make plans for me really made me feel so special. I am so thankful that I have such amazing girls in my life that are sharing this amazing experience with me, every step of the way! Although my co-MOHs didn't share much about event details, I pressed them for hints and grew with excited when I managed to get a couple details out of my sister (I know how to work her) about the bachelorette party! I cannot wait!
I have been keeping Etsy in business over the past few months. They have some of the neatest and unique items and I love that most items are handmade in the USA. I ordered from "A Fresh Coat of Paint" (from Etsy) a little piece I'll use for reception decor. I fell in love with this ampersand a can't wait to pair it with it's partners. I'm waiting on several more items that I've ordered this month and can't wait to start on any DIY projects when they arrive! Also in my do-it-yourself-state, I've been working on our formal invitation wording. Although it will be of typical formality, I want to make the wording a little more modern. I presented several ideas to Matt and we actually agreed on one! Now all we have to do is order them! Mom and I will do that next week (after my first dress fitting!) at Papyrus. If the printing process goes smoothly, I will have about a three week window to add a personal touch to the invitations before we mail them out. Petty good timing!
We received an email from our wedding venue inviting Matt and me to a menu sampling on February 13! Matt is so excited - this is what he's been waiting for! They attached the menu and Matt wasted no time to review the menu items (he does that a lot before we go to a restaurant...). We are very pleased with the sampling menu:
Hors d’Oeuvres
Classic Mini Monte Cristo, Steak and Cilantro Empanadas, Gulf Lump Crab cakes, Coconut Crusted Chicken Bites, Firecracker Shrimp
Dinner Service
Wine Country Salad, Champagne and Raspberry Sorbets, Chicken du Chef, Pan Seared Lemon Pepper Gulf Snapper, Porcini Rubbed Prime Rib
And finally, a champagne toast!
Um, yum! I've already sent in our RSVP and even informed them of my gluten intolerance. I'm hoping I get to enjoy all those amazing sounding dishes, otherwise, Matt will be selecting our reception menu... The email said that staff will be present to exchange ideas and to help make our wedding unique to our personal tastes, which is good because I am a picky eater and I definitely plan to customize our menu.
__________________
| Love my sister! |
While my sister was in town, we made sure to spend some quality time together sipping our coffee in the morning and ending our day on the couch with cookies. Haley and I talked about the wedding some and I asked her what her favorite part of her wedding day was. She described her favorite moment being when she was the last one in the dressing room, standing in front of a mirror, looking at herself in her wedding dress and thinking about getting to marrying her [now] husband. Hearing her share such a special memory made me so excited to do exactly what she did right before her wedding march. I can only imagine an overwhelming joy that filled the room that only she experienced and I cannot wait to be overwhelmed with the same joy in those moments before I get to marry my best friend. (EEEEEE!)
No comments:
Post a Comment