Yup, I'm now a full time wedding planner. I am trying to create boundaries tho, because I know my sweet fiancé doesn't want to get off work to come work on wedding plans. So suggested by my momma, I'm going to try to turn off the wedding planning mode/job as soon as Matt walks in the door because I learned (the hard way) that Matt really isn't as excited as I am about the details of the wedding. Matt was really only interested in finding the venue and I quickly realized he has no interest in scanning 100s of photographs by local photographers or watching several other random couple's wedding videos for inspiration. (Confession: I cry during almost every one of those videos. Is that normal?)
So now that we have our venue and our date selected, what's next on my planning agenda? I've been narrowing down my bridesmaids. I think I'm making this decision a lot harder than it should be; but that's what I do with everything. While I've been thinking about my girls, I've also been thinking of a cute and original way to ask them to be a part of my day. I can't wait to ask them and then post it to Cloud9Dallas! If I say so myself, it's way too cute! I've also been busy researching photographers and videographers. Did you know that these professionals are so expensive? Goodness. Photos and videos are very important to me tho - they'll last forever! And I want all the details (because I'm so detail oriented) to be documented so I can always look back and remember how beautiful everything about our day was (though Matt could probably care less). ;) Oh well. So here's a few of the professionals I'm researching, interviewing and comparing:
Photographers
June Bug Photography
Jami Saunders Photography
Double Knot Photography
Videographers
Spinning Leaf Films
Marc Roberts Photography
When It Clicks
It's amazing how important a company's website is! During my intense research, I'd click a link to a photographer's website, and within seconds I would know if I was interested or not. A webpage should be just a creative as their work. If I didn't like their site, I closed it out before even looking at their portfolio and crossed it off the list with no hesitation. And if it was difficult to view their photos, I would get annoyed and again, close the screen and cross them off the list.
Anyway, I'm taking all suggestions/recommendations so feel free to contact me with your favorite professional photo/videographer or let me know what you think about the ones listed above.
Today I'm working on a DIY project Never really been into the whole craft thing, but this is different, this is for my girls to be! Love 'em and can't wait to ask each one of them to be a part of our celebration!
| Sweet message at my grandparent's barn |
La, CONGRATS! And this is so cute!
ReplyDeleteIdeas:
Stringer Productions
http://stringerproductions.com/index2.php#/home/
Half Orange
www.halforangephotography.com
xo Becca
Thank you, Becca! And I appreciate your recommendations. I'm looking them up right now! How did you hear about Stringer Productions?
Delete