Friday, August 10, 2012

Red Lipstick

Time to meet my newest bridesmaid!  Kayla is my best friend from college.  We have so many laughs and fun memories together and even funnier pictures together.  I was going to wait to ask Kayla to be my bridesmaid at our engagement party, but I went ahead and asked her before since Kayla might not be able to make the party because she is having a baby boy at the end of this month!  So I went through our old college pictures and decided to send her the one below, which was our first halloween together (hence our outfits).  Kayla responded in a text that she "remembered this night so well; [and that] we loved our fishnet stockings and dark red lipstick."  I'm so excited to have her next to me on my big day! 

  

Matt and I both have very large families and we want to try to incorporate everyone in our wedding, somehow...  So Mom and I spent some time on the phone Wednesday afternoon discussing what to do to include our family.  We came up with a great plan that will make our brothers, stepbrothers and cousins a special part of our wedding.  I think they will all be so excited with their wedding day duties.  Whew!  I can check that off my to-do list.  Today I met with the accessory designer, Fiona, at Stanley Korshak.  (My mom, sister and aunt were with me last time I had an appointment there, so when I showed up alone, everyone asked where my fan club was...)  Fiona and I spent about an hour putting our ideas together to come up with some beautiful and one of a kind pieces just for me.  Then Laura, the Stanley Korshak Bridal Salon director, brought me the dress so we could put the look together.  Putting on that dress this afternoon was just as magical as it was last week when I first put it on.  I think I'll place my order on that dress at the latest in September.  That gives me time to sleep on it (and not kidding, I've dreamed about that dress several times since I first put it on).  And speaking of time, nine months is a long time not to show Matt that dress!  Ah, I must refrain!  I absolutely cannot wait for him to see it on me...in nine months, on our wedding day!

Matt and I are still debating on whether we should have a live band or a DJ at our reception.  I'm still in contact with the DJ I interviewed in June; I just haven't signed a contract or sent a deposit - he'll be my guy if we choose a DJ over having a live band.  Obviously there are pros and cons to both but I don't know which I'd be more excited about.  I really just want our guests to be excited about it and have a fabulous time.  So, what are your thoughts?  Please share :)

2 comments:

  1. Coby and I used "Lite Dallas" as our lighting company and DJ and they were the best! Our wedding reception didn't have a dull moment from the second that everyone got there! I HIGHLY recommend them! If you go with a DJ talk to some other couples who's wedding they were a part of and ask them if there were any dead moments during the reception. Just some thoughts =) Either way... at the end of the day if you are married then everything was successful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thank you so much for sharing, Morgan! I will definitely look them up! Where did you and Coby get married? And you're so right, at the end of the day, as long as I marry Matt, all is good! :)

    ReplyDelete