Saturday, August 18, 2012

Engagement Party Preview

This post is only a preview of how amazing our engagement party was!  My photographer, Allison Davis, will provide a much better picture (pun intended) of our perfect celebration; but I just couldn't wait two weeks (until her photos come in) to express how amazing it all was!

"Let's raise a glass to the newly engaged couple."


Our engagement party was Friday night at Times Ten Cellars Too and it was absolutely perfect, from the decorations, the sweets, the wine, the band, the people there celebrating with us!  I mean, it really couldn't have been anymore perfect.  Matt and I are truly blessed with awesome families and great friends.  Our hosts - Mom, Tom, Bobbie, David, Laura, Wayne, Haley and Shannon - did a phenomenal job, as expected.  Actually, my expectations were way exceeded - they went above and beyond, just for Matt and me!  I cannot wait to post the pictures Allison took so you can see all the hard work and preparation that took place before, during and after the party.  Stay in touch, you don't want to miss this!

Early last week at Sample House, I found these little decorative containers with a wine corkscrew topper for gifts to my hosts.  They could not have been any more perfect (honestly, everything about this celebration was perfect).    


I even found perfect "cheers" cards for the hosts' gifts!

To surprise Matt, I hired SoundHouse Band - a local band we love, not only because one of the members is a great family friend, but also because they are AWESOME!  Having SoundHouse there just made the night even more perfect (there's that word again, sorry I'm not sorry).  I had been keeping this surprise from Matt for two months (yes, I was able to keep it a secret, somehow...) and I absolutely could not wait for him to walk into the party and see the band there!  He was thrilled, just like he was thrilled that we were serving mason jars filled with Arnold Palmers (I'm just full of surprises/best fiancé ever).  Having a band at our engagement party was clutch!  I wanted our family and friends to have a fun night and with the great wine, cupcakes and the band, I think the celebration was a success!

Here we are ending the night dancing to a sweet love song.  Thank you SoundHouse Band for playing at our party.  You guys are awesome and just made the night so fun and so memorable for us!  And thank you to our AMAZING hosts for and AMAZING night.  We love you guys so much and are so thankful for every little and big thing you did and continue to do for us.        

No comments:

Post a Comment