Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Crème de la Crème {Dallas makeup artist, wedding ceremony music, Dallas bakery}

So I'm beginning my search for a makeup artist and hair stylist.  I really don't have the best of luck when it comes to other people doing my hair and/or makeup.  The last time I had my makeup done, I looked like a completely different person/a cat (maybe my problem was where I got it done, I don't know...).  And when someone else does my hair, that's usually even more of a disaster!  The only time I've liked my hair when someone else did was at the Dry Bar - but the next time I went, which was the night of our engagement party, I hated it.  My mom suggests that I just do my own hair and makeup, since she knows how disastrous the outcomes have been before.  But I consistently tell her that I want to be pampered that day and not worry about fixing my own hair and makeup.  Arg!  So please please, if you have had a great experience with a makeup artist and/or hair stylist, feel free to pass on their contact information!  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's a couple I have on my list to contact:

Angie Williams (saw her on one of Allison Davis' blog posts)
Elan Makeup Studio (the DJ I interviewed recommender her)

And yup, that's all I got...  Yikes.

On a better note, mom and I spent an afternoon last week working on the ceremony music!  We got so much done:  we picked the songs for the prelude, when the mothers and grandmothers are seated, when the groomsmen come out (so excited about this song!), when the bridesmaids walk down and we even figured out what song I'll walk down the isle to (mom and I both cried when we listened to it, lol).

Here's a sneak peak to the ceremony music (so sorry but, you won't know what instrument(s) will be playing until the evening of our wedding; can't spoil the surprise!)


I can't wait until next week!  It'll be September (8 months away) and I'll have a whole new list of wedding to do's.  The first thing on my to do list is to hire a baker.  So that means Matt and I get to start cake tasting!  Mmmmm!  I want to try several places (duh) so that we're sure to serve the crème de la crème on our wedding night.  Here's a few bakeries on my list for us to taste:

Panini (bakery my sister used!)
Frosted Art (I saw on their website that they can do a flourless (gluten free) top tier on wedding cakes!)
I have a small obsession with mini cakes.
And mini chocolate cakes.

I've checked my mail box twice a day since Allison Davis (my photographer) emailed me that she's sending the engagement party picture DVD this week!  Cannot wait to share them with you!  I even have a fun project planned to do with the pics as soon as they arrive.  So you'll have to check back to see what I've got up my sleeve...   

No comments:

Post a Comment