I love cupcakes! They make me happy and are just so cute and always put a smile on my face. When mom came down last Thursday, she brought me a sweet little gift that would "make me happy and remind me of these happy times she and I are having together planning my beautiful wedding." :)
Last week my meeting with Adam, the DJ with LeForce Entertainment, went so great! He was a really cool, confident and nice guy and is even a fellow UNT alum (go mean green). Mom and I drilled him with questions concerning his style, experience and what makes him unique. Adam does a lot of weddings at our venue and is so good at what he does that they offered to hire him to be their exclusive wedding DJ. (He explained to mom and me that taking their offer would be "career suicide" as he is much better off (financially) with the company he's with now.) Right now I have no other DJs in mind, so Adam is my dude. He was also so kind to suggest some other vendors (a makeup artist and other musical ideas for various occasions) that will keep me busy with my research.
I'm not as busy this month with wedding planning. All I really have on my agenda is to work on (and try to finalize) our guest list and to meet with our officiant, Roy. I'd like us to maybe meet with him once a month (as soon as all the summer traveling slows down) until our wedding day so we can all get to know each other better. I also need to finalize my bridesmaid selections (asking another friend this week!). I'm planning on checking out a few bridal boutiques this month to prepare for the appointment my sister made for me at Stanley Korshak on Aug. 4. I have no idea what style of dress I'll pick - I love the big princess looking ones to the elegant romantic ones. Looking online (everyday) at dresses is so overwhelming that I've decided to stop my internet browsing and wait until I can actually try on dresses. Plus, when I find a dress on Pinterest but can't find the corresponding website, I get even more overwhelmed and super annoyed... I think I'll start trying on next week at Rosa Clara, Stardust and another boutique I drove by the other day called Patsy's. Any other suggestions?!
Happy July 4th! Matt and I are going to my client's party this afternoon for some barbecue and then we're headed to the barn in Howe for burgers and hotdogs with the family!
10 months to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment