Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Brilliant {Etsy stamp, engagement party invitations}

I recently discovered Etsy (through Pinterest, of course, and am just as obsessed with it as I am with Pinterest).  I am so excited about the hand carved stamp from Doodlebug Design that I ordered from Etsy!  It is so perfect.  Let me explain why.  I love themes.  One of my wedding themes came about the day Matt asked me to marry him.  He gave me an absolutely stunning brilliant cut diamond ring.  To incorporate it's perfect round shape, I want everything to be a circle.  So, when I'm online scanning through wedding save-the-dates, invitations, thank you notes, monograms, etc., I immediately eliminate all squares, rectangles or squiggles.  Easy enough.  The other day when I came across this stamp on Etsy, I had to order it because it was so perfect.  I bought simple Crane & Co. thank you notes and can now personalize each thank you note encircled with our initials.



Only about three more weeks until our engagement party!  Matt and I cannot wait!  Our invitation was hand delivered to us this weekend:


I love to plan parties (my fellow party planner, Katie, and I are having an Olympic Ceremony party this Friday, lol!).  So you can imagine that I'm having the hardest time not helping my hosts plan our upcoming engagement party.  Thank you guys ahead of time for being so thoughtful, creative and so willing to take the time to put this together for us!  We are forever thankful and love you all so much.  Cheers ;)

Yesterday I went to the doctor and had to have my sweet fiancĂ© there with me for moral support (white coat syndrome, it's the real deal).  The nurse called out my name into the waiting room and I followed her back to the exam room while Matt hung out in the waiting room.  While the nurse and I waited for the doctor, she commented on how beautiful my ring was and asked, "That guy in the waiting room with you gave you that ring, didn't he?"  I smiled (and probably turned red) and answered, "Yes, he did."  She said, "He really really loves you.  When I called out your name to come back with me, his face lit up and he watched your every move, smiling the whole time."  She continued, "The way he looks at you... that's love, that's real love."  I will never forget that doctor visit.  It makes me so happy that complete strangers can see how much Matt and I love each other.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that the nurse said that! It is so incredibly true too :) LOVE Y'ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that neat?! We LOVE and MISS y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.Cheap wedding invitations

    ReplyDelete