Friday, September 21, 2012

Dancing in September {wedding DIY, Dallas makeup artist}

My other project I did using the engagement party pictures was finally delivered this week!


"You should get married more often" - Rob


If you can't tell, I love pictures.  I just love how a photo captures sweet moments shared between two best friends, a husband and a wife, a mother and a daughter, a son and a father, a big sister and a little sister.  Pictures capture moments that mean so much and document memories that last a lifetime.  I am so excited to send our family and friends a postcard (that I designed!) that has a sweet moment captured by a photograph, a memory that will last forever.  Thank you for being there that day to celebrate and make special memories with us!

Matt and I had a busy wedding-planning-day last Friday.  Like I mentioned, I am looking for a hairstylist. So that afternoon, I met with Anita of Elan Makeup Studio.  She was great and is actually getting married in a couple weeks; so we had fun conversations about wedding planning.  Anita did a makeup trial run since I am planning on having my makeup done for our engagement pictures (scheduled for October).  She did a really good job and didn't stray from my very very particular requests.  Anita switched gears to my hair for the wedding day.  I liked it, but I definitely want to have another appointment with another artist to compare it to.  So my next trial run appointment is scheduled for Sep. 28 with Courtney at Chi Ro Makeup.  In the meantime, I could get used to all this pampering...

We had a special event to attend later that night (luckily my hair and makeup didn't just go to waste!)  I won't tell you where we went, but I will tell you that we had a blast and that our hearts were ringing in the key that our souls were singing.  ;)

Makeup by Anita

I had to take this week off of any major wedding planning due to my extreme allergies (you know it's bad when you have to cancel a wedding-to-do appointment).  If I can manage to not sneeze a zillion times next week, mom and I plan to check out the Ritz to see if it's a good place for my girls and I to get ready the day of the wedding.  We also plan to start looking at some cool spots to have our engagement pictures taken.  We have one site already agreed upon and Matt can't wait.  No seriously, he can't wait!  You'll see why soon enough, and you'll be so jealous ;)  We just need one more area that gives off a more urban and romantic vibe.  Got any great ideas?  Also, in your opinion, what type/print/color of clothing photographs the best?  I'll need some suggestions since next week the search begins for a couple of great outfits for our engagement shoot.

This weekend we will be in Austin celebrating Jenna and Josh!  Happy wedding weekend friends!  xoxo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment