Thursday, September 27, 2012

Something About a Truck


Monday I went to Howe to spend some time with my sweet Mammaw and Pappaw.  I walked into their barn (yes, they live in a big red barn!) and was welcomed by the message pictured above - it's the little things that make my heart smile and remind me how blessed I am to have such sweet, caring and loving grandparents.  I love them so much and cherish every visit, every hug and every laugh!  I was so happy to see them and excited to show them the slideshow I made from our engagement party pictures taken by Allison Davis.  As we were watching together, Pappaw commented on how cool the slideshow was and how it was better than an actual album.  He was so right!  It's amazing how advanced technology changes the way we will remember.  After the slideshow, mom, Mammaw, Pappaw and I sat with each other and talked about how "crazy special" our family was.

Here's the slideshow:


Look what I got in the mail this week!:

Love the stamp!

Matt and I are thrilled to have a family celebration!  And we are so thankful that dad and Shawna are putting so much time and thought into a party for us!  We are looking forward to this so much because we don't want the day of the wedding to be the first time some of our family members meet.  This "I do" BBQ will be the perfect time for everyone to meet, get to know each other and, of course, eat.  It's going to be so much fun!  When dad joined me for lunch this week, we talked all about the upcoming party; but he was sure not to go into any detail as they want us to be surprised!  Dad and I looked through his playlist so I could approve songs for the party - you can't go wrong with a little chicken fried, picture perfect memories, and a red sundress ;)  Name those songs!

Love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment