Wednesday while the boys were busy getting rained out on their fishing trip, mom and I spent the day at Northpark. Our agenda: lunch, scan wedding dresses for me and find her a dress for a wedding she was attending on Saturday. After lunch at one of our favorite places, Neimans Cafe, we went upstairs in search of their wedding section only to learn that it's at the downtown Neimans. So we went to check out Nordstrom's wedding dress section. I scanned the main dress room, nothing impressed me. Then I saw a section of dresses off to the side and headed over there. Mom pointed to one, pulled it off the rack and asked if I wanted to try it on, just to see. Why not? I put it on and wow, it was gorgeous! I was kind of stunned. I looked at mom, who also seemed stunned, and said, "I'm not supposed to find my dress yet!" I had a hard time taking it off and parting with it because not only was it gorgeous, but it was on sale! Two weeks ago it was a $3000 dress and that day it was $624 and the very last one in the country. Really?! Seriously, this wasn't how I expected our "scanning" to go - I wasn't supposed to find this amazing dress and it wasn't supposed to be only $624! Mom and I talked to the sales associate and she sent over their alterations team. The dress was a size 6 and needed to be altered to a size 2. I thought to myself, "If they can make this dress fit me perfectly, then I will HAVE to get it!" I held my breath while this little lady pinned the dress to fit my body, waiting for the verdict.... The dress was too big and couldn't be altered to my size. It's not the dress. Oh well, mom and I had so much fun in the dressing room:
Thursday I met with Allison Davis of Allison Davis Photography at the Highland Park Village Starbucks. I knew she was a great photographer because I viewed her website probably a thousand times and I had heard that she was an amazing person, so I had high expectations. I went into her meeting after the high from meeting with Nadia and was pretty certain that Allison and I wouldn't hit it off as well as I did with Nadia. Man was I wrong! Allison blew me away. I fell in love with her passion, emotion and romantic heart and vision for my wedding day. I walked in and Allison had tea waiting for me upon my arrival (brownie points). We chatted for a few minutes to get to know each other. Then we transitioned to the good stuff. I loved her album samples and even recognized a girl I knew from college in one of them! Allison showed me photos on her iPad, describing each picture and sharing with me the meaning behind them. Seeing each picture and learning it's meaning, I felt myself getting chills! Allison shows such genuine care towards her bride & groom and their family and friends and captures so much joy in her photos. I love that she creates such a timeless story of a wedding day.
After an hour of falling in love with her and her work, I left our meeting completely torn. I sat at my kitchen counter to compare Nadia and Allison.
So here's what I concluded: As much as I loved Nadia and her work, her edgy style isn't what I imagine for my wedding. What I imagine for my wedding is exactly what Allison does so wonderfully. She finds those special moments and focuses on the people creating them, and captures it in a perfect photograph that will last forever. I finally made my decision over the weekend and emailed Allison with the good news! HUGE thank you to Stephanie for recommending her!
This morning Allison sent over the contract for us to look over and sign. I am beyond thrilled for her to be our photographer and I am so excited that she will be with us to capture this fun and romantic time.
Guess that means Jami is out! Bummer. Oh well, glad you found one that you're really happy with. With your attention to detail, it's probably best that you chose someone local anyway.
ReplyDeleteYes if Jami was local, you know she'd be my photographer in a heart beat! Allison has also photographed at our venue and has even also worked with the videographer I chose! I'm sure Jami can do something for us one day :)
ReplyDelete