Thursday, October 11, 2012

Photo Shoot Me {Dallas makeup artist, Dallas engagement}


Matt and I had our first meeting with our officiant, Roy, and his wife, Casey, on Sunday afternoon.  This was sort of a "meet and greet" session before we get into the nitty gritty part of marriage counseling.  We told them a little about ourselves and then went into detail on how we first met, which was almost seven years ago(!).  It was fun sitting in the "hot seat" with my fiancĂ© telling the story of how we met and what we loved about each other.

O.M.G!  Our engagement photo shoot on Wednesday with Allison and her husband was an absolute blast!  Even Matt had fun!  I cannot wait to see her pictures, which should be posted on her blog within a week.  I had an early morning appointment at the Dry Bar with Quinc (he was so great!).  Then I headed up to Courtney's Salon, Chi Ro, to get my makeup done.  Mom joined me for my makeup appointment and took some action shots of Courtney applying my makeup (in another life, mom would be a photographer...).  Courtney used three different lip colors to make the best lip color ever, which is a combo she's only used on me.  She should seriously considering tubing the lip color and selling it - I already named the color for her:  Photo Shoot Me.


Courtney's color palette.


I walk into the apartment, all done up, to find a flustered Matt in a rush to get ready.  Even though I went over his outfits multiple times before, he still didn't know what shoes to wear with one outfit and didn't know what jeans he was suppose to wear for the other outfit...  Men.  When we [finally] pulled out of the apartment, we picked up Allison and her husband and headed downtown to begin the shoot!  I have been looking forward to our engagement pictures and couldn't wait to wear my new red dress!  Matt and I really had the best time being photographed together.  I loved how in every picture we were wrapped up in each other physically and emotionally.

Mom took a few photos with her iPhone.  Here's a sneaky peeky:




I cannot wait to see the photos Allison and her husband took!  She showed me a few on her camera screen and they were breathtaking!  She is so good!

Me and my favorite photographer!

Breaking news!

My cousin, Libby, that I asked to be a bridesmaid just found out that her senior prom is the same night as the wedding.  I completely understand her not wanting to miss her prom, but it's sad to say that she is no longer a bridesmaid.  BUT I am thrilled and beyond excited that I got to ask my cousin, Christa, to be my bridesmaid!  She had no idea I was calling to ask her to be my bridesmaid - I asked her a few things regarding wedding day hair, makeup, eyelashes, hair pieces, etc.; and then I explained the prom situation and asked her!  We are both so excited and I'm honored to have her not only do my makeup on my big day, but to have her be an even more special part of this time for Matt and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment