Our first stop to look at save-the-date cards was at Paper and Chocolate. Mom and I walked in and were greeted by the sales associate. She asked what I was looking for and I told her a couple of my eclectic ideas and she responds, "Well, I don't know if that will work." Really...? So I tell her, "Um, I can make it work." I was immediately turned off (good customer service is so important, especially with a bride to be!), but looked through one of their sample books anyway. Blah! The cards were very out dated and uninspiring. So we left.
Our second stop was at Swoozies, one of my favorite stores! Mom and I headed to the back to find their sample books. A sales associate joined us and answered all our questions and said that since I will be sending our save-the-date cards in January, this was the perfect time to begin the process. She also introduced me to their creative designer and together they explained how I could change anything and everything on a card. Hallelujah! So mom and I looked through several sample books, taking notes from the save-the-date cards I liked. Then we switched gears and looked through the formal invitation sample books - again, great ideas, but with every invitation there was something I would change....until I found the one! (I lied, there are still some changes I'd make to it.) This invitation was so cool and so different! We priced it for 175 invitations and because of the total cost, we decided to continue our search. I took pictures of the invitation just for reference and mom and I were off to go to our next stop.
![]() |
| Pages and pages of fonts to choose from! |
| Thanks, mom, for the birthday lunch & for helping me design our save-the-date cards! |
To top off a very fun and successful day, I received an email from Allison, my photographer, that our engagement pictures were posted on her blog! What a fabulous birthday gift! Mom and I quickly wrapped up our day and headed to the apartment in a flash so we could view the pictures we'd been so anxiously and [not very] patiently waiting for! The photos were AMAZING! I am so thrilled to have Allison as my photographer and to have these amazing photos for years and years to come!
If you could help us out by going to Allison's blog HERE and commenting under our photos as the more comments we get, the higher print credit we will receive!
Please enjoy this slideshow Allison made:
Loren & Matt's Engagement Portraits
Thank you, Allison, for AMAZING pictures and memories! And thank you, Courtney, for doing my AMAZING makeup!



No comments:
Post a Comment