If you decide to quit your job to open a coffee shop, your clients (I) would appreciate a call or an email explaining that you will be leaving but so-and-so will now be taking care of you (me) and your (my) wedding cake.
If you haven't sent a confirmation to the printing company, then yes, the printing of your client's (my) formal wedding invitations will be delayed... and then you will have to pay extra to have it rushed and overnighted.
If you don't answer your phone or email making it completely impossible to work with, going to your boss's boss's boss's boss's boss is the only choice you give your clients (me).
Ah, I feel better.
____________________
I opened my apartment door early last week to find a package on the floor. I noticed it was from Pottery Barn, but I certainly wasn't expecting a delivery since I hadn't made any recent purchases. Along with a gift was a note from a dear friend of mine, congratulating Matt and me and how she is so happy that we found each other. I couldn't wait to send her a thank note, letting her know how much that meant to me! Then I realized that I haven't ordered any thank you notes! Since my cousin (and bridesmaid) was in town we had already planned a girls' day that now included finding thank you notes. After gluten free BBQ sandwiches, matchmakers and a new lip color, we went into Papyrus to look at sample thank you notes. I also needed to check on the status of my formal invitations (refer to the printing company rant above). Christa was an angel! Not only did she keep me calm as I learned of the delay in the printing of my invitations(!), but she helped me design our thank you notes! We had such similar tastes that it was like we were speaking for each other when suggesting ideas to the designer at Papyrus. We had a blast! Thanks for all your help, cousin! Making such fun and special memories with my family has been one of the [many] blessings through all this wedding planning.
| Christa and me, with a new lip and pretty thank you notes! |
| Thank you notes, designed by Christa and me! |
Mom and I spent last Wednesday going from appointment to appointment to appointment. We got so much done even though bridezilla was in full force (again, refer to the rants above). After attending all scheduled appointments, Mom and I had the perfect end of the "work" day at LuLu Bridal where I wanted to look for accessories! Once we made our selections, we went upstairs to scan their dresses for my house party and maybe even a MOB dress. The first MOB dress I pulled was the perfect color. We inspected it while it hung on the hanger and I eventually talked mom into trying it on. She walked out of the dressing room and everything about it was beautiful, especially her smile! We had pulled a few other dresses but kept going back to the first dress. She put it back on and I asked her how she felt in it. "I feel special," she said. That brought happy tears to my eyes and then happy tears to hers. (I know, we're goobers.) We found the perfect dress for mom; and because she is so special to me, the fact that she "feels special" in that dress makes it even more beautiful.
Matt was so excited for the food tasting lunch at our rehearsal dinner venue last week. We met his dad and his step-mom there, which was the first time they saw the venue. They loved it (yay!). Because of prior events (once again, refer to the above rant, lol), I was a little nervous that this lunch wouldn't be perfect. I knew as soon as I tasted the appetizer that I had been worrying for nothing! The food was PERFECT! Seriously, we all loved every single flavorful bite. As we were finishing our lunch the coordinator came and sat down with us to discuss the details of our event. I am [now] extremely happy with this venue and all they have to offer! I can't wait to have our family and closest friends join us at such a joyous occasion! Now I'm busy looking for the perfect invitations (yay!).
| Matt chatting with our coordinator. |
| Matt with his dad after a yummy food tasting! |
After some delay our invitations are here! I've been checking all the addresses searching for errors. My aunt Robbie (aka Bobbie) is graciously going to handwrite the few addresses containing errors with her beautiful handwriting; so if your invitation so happens to be addressed by Bobbie, consider yourself lucky :) Thank you so much, Bobbie. EEEEE! To our family and friends: I hope when you open your invitation that you love it and we hope that you can celebrate this wonderful day with us!
(Also, don't forget to send back your RSVP's!) :)
| Invitations are here and go out so soon! |
Here's another DIY project that I'm working on as part of our wedding favors. I spent one afternoon working on it while Matt was busy watching Duck Dynasty. But if you ask him, it was him that worked all afternoon on the project (as he has with ALL of the wedding planning) ;) Love you babe and really, I'm thankful that you're letting me do most of the planning...and projects :)
I got the cutest invitation in the mail from the sweetest bridesmaids for our Couples Shower! I am so excited to celebrate with some of our favorite people, especially this close to our wedding day! My bridesmaids have been such a blessing and I am so thankful for their love and support. It makes me feel so special that each are taking the time to plan and put together a shower honoring Matt and me - we are forever grateful for you and your special role during this time in our lives. I also feel so very special that I get to marry Matt. One night I couldn't fall asleep (it's becoming more and more difficult to fall asleep as of late) and I thought about how I have never felt as whole as I do now; because of you, Matt, I am complete. I absolutely cannot wait to stand across from you, hold your hand and promise to love you forever.
LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL BRIDE TO BE
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU MY SWEET SISTER!
ReplyDelete