Tuesday, February 19, 2013

First & Last {wedding music, favors, food}

Mom and I met with the ceremony musician last week to go over song selections.  As we made our selections, we had so much fun hearing song samples!  I looked over at mom during one song and she had tears in her eyes!  I can't imagine when she hears the same song on my wedding day ;)  As the musician continued playing, my body became covered with a wave of goose bumps until finally (when we heard the song my sister walked down the isle to) I got teary eyed.  I remembered when they opened the doors of the church that Haley got married in, and I remembered her beautiful smile on her face as she neared her (now) husband.  I cannot wait until I have moments that will remind me of when the doors were opened for me and I cannot wait to remember standing in front of Matt completely full of pure joy and love.

After visiting two vendors, I easily selected who I wanted to do our wedding favors.  Since some serious DIY activity will be required,  I've recruited my mom to help me!  I'm looking forward to spending some time with mom while we work together on this project.  I just hope we can refrain from eating all the favors...  I can't wait for everyone to have a little piece of one of my favorite things as a "thank you" for celebrating with us!

Our food tasting at our venue was the evening before Valentine's Day.  Matt has so been looking forward to this appointment!  The food definitely did not disappoint!  Matt couldn't resist the appetizers and since I couldn't eat any of them, he ate my portion and the couple's next to us...  Yes, he claims the appetizers were THAT good!  We will definitely include some of his favorites on our wedding day!  After Matt ate all of the appetizers, it was time for the buffet to open.  I couldn't go through the buffet line but management had the chef make a separate plate for me that was gluten free.  Now that's some service, especially considering there were about 300 other guests (other brides and grooms getting married in the next few months) there for the tasting.  Matt wasted no time filling his plate at the macaroni bar and the meat carving stations.  As we ate, Matt and I, along with the three other couples at our table, commented on every bite, putting stars by the ones we liked on our menu.  The dinner was great!  We can't wait to use this experience as a foundation when it's time for us to customize our menu for our wedding day.
This is really kind of cool...  So as we were pulling into the parking lot at our venue for the tasting, the song that I am walking down the isle to came on the radio!  It was like a confirmation that it was the absolute perfect song.  I was so excited but was able to keep my cool as Matt doesn't know which song will be playing when I walk towards him.  It's a special surprise for him.  (Hint:  it may even be the very last song we dance to as everyone prepares for our grand exit!)

Finally, the food tasting!

Prettiest sorbet!


Mom and I spent a lot of time working on the list of "do not play" songs for our reception.  We literally looked up almost every song, listened to it and then either marked it off or starred it.  We had a blast - we really know how to make ANYTHING fun.  After we perfected the list, I emailed it to our entertainment manager and her first comment was on my "impeccable detail".  What can I say?  I'm very detail oriented.  I was also thrilled to learn that the songs we've chosen as the first and last dance songs are definitely added to the playlist.  Thanks for helping me, momma!



As evident by my infrequency of posts, I am getting busier and busier as our wedding day quickly approaches.  Before I was making monthly to do lists.  Now I am making [long] weekly to do lists.  (I'm even putting "blog" on my to do list because it's been therapeutic in the midst of wedding planning.)   I've managed to remain calm through our engagement thus far; however I think I may have had my first semi-meltdown.  And I'm just now realizing it happened minutes after making my to do list for the week.  Ha!  So, what did I do?  Called momma.  I'm so grateful for her calm and reassuring words.  I just needed to hear it loud and clear that I had everything under control.  Because, I mean I do have everything under control, but I just freaked out a bit and lost control of myself, lol.  So thanks again, mom, for reminding me that everything is going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment