It was an especially special Christmas this year with my fiancé. The festivities were no different than last year (Christmas Eve with his family and Christmas day with mine), but there's something about being engaged that makes every day a little more special, just because. I am so excited that 2013 is upon us! This year I'm getting married! So to bring in this special year, Matt and I celebrated at a restaurant at the Rosewood Crescent Hotel, where we will be staying the night of the wedding! Being at the Crescent was just a small reminder of how close our wedding day is and how blessed I am to get to marry my very best friend very soon! Love must be in the air as several friends of mine have recently gotten engaged. Just a bit of advise from yours truly, cherish this time with your fiancé and enjoy every last detail!
| Our first Christmas Eve service together. |
Now that Christmas is over, I can focus more on the wedding! January is going to be a busy month full of appointments, DIY projects, shopping, ordering, etc... Doesn't get any better!
After a short delay due to holiday madness, Papyrus finished printing the addresses on our save-the-date envelopes and they look great! After I picked them up, I immediately began prepping them to be sent out to our family and friends. It took me over three hours to stamp the return address on the back, insert the card, lick, stick and stamp them all! I caught one error, Papyrus's error not mine, on one address. Yes I could handwrite that one address, but my perfectionism won't allow it. I went back up to the store and had them reprint the incorrect address. I'm sure I am driving the associates at Papyrus crazy, but the smallest error drives me crazy! Anyway, now that I am 100% satisfied with all save-the-date cards, Matt and I were able to mail them out this week, the first week of January 2013 - a way for us to start your new year! I hope when they individually arrive in each mailbox, our family and friends will be so excited to share in such a special celebration for Matt and me.
Coming up very soon is my first dress fitting! My appointment is scheduled for January 16. I'm so excited but am also a little nervous. I hope that my dress is just as perfect and beautiful as I remember it. I'm also so excited to put on my wedding shoes! (They've been under my Christmas tree, just taunting me, for too long.) I can't wait to, obviously wear them, but to see them with my dress! They're the prettiest shoes I've ever seen, seriously.
So this month we need to decide on a rehearsal dinner site and book it! For the rehearsal, our family and friends will be driving to our wedding venue, which is 30 minutes outside of Dallas and over an hour for my family who live in North Texas. Our rehearsal hosts' are searching for a place convenient for all. During Christmas Eve dinner, Matt's dad suggested that we schedule a time to go check out Season's 52 at Shops at Legacy. He explained that they have a back room that would be great for our group. So I called Season's 52 and tentatively scheduled a time next week to view the space. I'm hoping we can turn the viewing appointment into a dining experience also since I love their food!
I've narrowed down our first dance songs options to two! I'm partial to one and, of course, Matt is partial to the other. The songs are very different styles so we need to decide on which will best set the tone for the reception. I had an idea of incorporating both songs into our night - start with one and end with the other. Having a first and last song sounds like a perfect idea to me! One of my vendors suggested that Matt and I dance to a song as our guests make their way out of the ballroom and prepare to send us off - I'm picturing us now, the only ones in the ballroom (well, other than the videographer and photographer), dancing as Mr. and Mrs. Williams(!) and reflecting back on an amazing evening. I can't wait for that! Speaking of songs, I need to contact my ceremony musician as I have another song they need to learn. I love that we will be mixing classical and modern music for the ceremony and I'm so thankful that our musician is willing to learn newer, more modern songs that are special to Matt and me. I cannot wait for our family and friends to enjoy the serenade while they wait for me to walk down the isle (EEEEEE!).
What is inspiring me this month:
![]() |
| Loren loves Matt, not Amy... |
January wedding to do list:
- Send out save-the-date cards
- First dress fitting, Jan. 16
- Shop around for wedding day bridal accessories
- Book honeymoon destination and travel arrangements (yay!)
- Select and book rehearsal dinner venue and give hosts' a list of attending
- Order formal wedding invitations
- Brainstorm wedding vows
- Purchase Matt's wedding ring and send to be engraved
- Discuss with photographer and schedule bridal portraits, coordinate date with hair and makeup artists
- Finalize what the groomsmen will wear, including accessories
- Consider wedding favors
- Start thinking about bridesmaids' luncheon and day of activities
- Meet with our officiant
4 months to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment