Friday, November 23, 2012

Behind the Scenes {bridesmaids, DIY; Papyrus}

This month (which has flown by btw) I've dedicated most of my time and creativity to my bridesmaids.  The first of my tasks was to make sure all dresses were ordered by the middle of November.  Check!  I also looked at several local stores for the perfect hangers for their dresses.  When my search left me unsuccessful, I turned to Etsy.  I was able to find the exact ones I wanted through a company called Whisky and Wedding Bells.  We are all familiar with the personalized hangers (you know, the ones with names spelled out in wire).  Those are great, but because I wanted something a little more original, I decided against them.  I decided to go a more DIY route!  Here's a sneak peek at some of my supplies:



This pretty pink flower (above) will go on the hanger that my wedding dress will hang on.  I bought the flower and the crystal pin separately from Benno's Buttons.  After struggling with the glue, I finally managed to glue the crystal pin in the center of the flower.  I've also been working on a few other things for my girls of which I won't go into detail in case they are reading this post!  I will tell you that I was browsing on Etsy and came across "something useful for a bride in need".  And after mom's suggestion, I am looking for pink tops for my girls to wear the day of the wedding while we get ready.  She described how cute they would be -for pictures- while we get ready together - mom is very detail oriented like me.  There are a few other things going on for the girls behind the scenes and I cannot wait until they arrive from New York!

I made post cards, like I did from our Dallas engagement party, with the big group picture from the "I do" BBQ and mailed them to the family.  I absolutely love this picture!  What a great moment in time where we were all together under one roof!  I also made our hosts (dad and Shawna) a picture book with all the special pictures from the party.  


Thanks again for a great party!

Our save-the-date cards arrived last week!  I picked them up from Papyrus and couldn't wait to get home to inspect them.  The cards were perfect, but I was so disappointed when I realized the envelopes weren't the ones I ordered (I ordered very specific ones, of course).  I immediately called Papyrus to inform them of the error and they made a couple phone calls in attempt to fix the problem.  Papyrus said they would have the correct envelopes for me in a few business days; and then offered to reimburse us the cost of the original envelopes I ordered or offered to print the addresses for us for no charge.  Their offers to fix their mistake made me feel so much better, reassuring me that I made a good decision by hiring them.  It's great that sometimes someone else's mistake can be in your favor ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment